Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Some progress -


On my Batik Coin Quilt will be shown in a minute -

But first - I want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts -

Because I finished cutting the RED Squirrel -

And it came out exactly like it was supposed to -

Even though I had it all worked out in my head -

How to "compensate" for my LEFT-Handedness -

And inadvertently inverted what I was doing before I even started -

See what I did there? - LOL - ;))

How do I know that it worked? -

And that I kept everything in the correct order? -
Notice I didn't say the "right" order -
LEFT and RIGHT were part of my problem - LOL - ;))

Because you can still see the pattern in the roses AFTER I cut it -
Sorry about the lighting - they really are RED - not Orange -
And sorry for another "tease" - (Gene - LOL) -
But - be patient - the "reveal" will be totally worth it - trust me - ;))



So - after I got that cut out -

And BOB patted me on the back for a job well done - LOL -

I moved on to the easy stuff -

The Batik Coin Quilt -

And decided that I would cut the Coins at 2" high - to finish at 1-1/2" -

Because a finished Coin of 1-1/2" x 3" seemed like a good proportion -


Some of them will be shorter - just because -

And I'm going to mix them in as I go along -

I think I'm going to re-sort these by color before I cut any more -

That way I can tell which ones are plentiful and which ones are scarce -

And it might be easier to get a better variety in the strips when I sew them -

At least that what BOB keeps telling me - ;))

When I get to the stacks of longer pieces -

I can decide if I want to cut other column sizes -

But for now - these will be 3-1/2" wide - to finish at 3" wide - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmmm......roses, red squirrel? More teasing!

I am happy for you that it came out correctly when you cut it. Right on! So now it will look RIGHT when you sew it together -or at least that is what you are hoping for? Isn't it? Yes, right.

Jeanna said...

Congrats on things turning out correctly :)

I'm intrigued with the coins but gosh, 1 1/2" squares?

Julie Fukuda said...

What a tease you are! Even a lefty can be right sometimes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...