Tuesday, July 21, 2020

One step at a time -


Or rather - one section at a time - ;))

After realizing that some of the blocks may have shrunk a little -

On my Dresden Plates -

I decided to take them one section at a time -

And "make them work" -

First in columns -

Then adjust the rows if needed - ;))

I started in the bottom left corner and took the two stacks off the design wall -

The blocks in the left stack seem to be all the same size -


The blocks in the right stack are off a little but not that much -

And I can "make them work" - LOL -


So that section worked out pretty well -

They are the bottom three blocks in the first two columns -

And they joined nicely to the "twosies" (already sewn) above them -


The top left section was next -

And they played nicely, too - YAY!! -


So - I took it one step farther -

And sewed the left column - two blocks wide -

To the center column - also two blocks wide -

And didn't have to adjust much - WHEW!! -

Now the first four columns are sewn together -


Hopefully the last two columns on the right will go together as easily -

If not -

I'll have to use my experience/degree in "fudging" -

From the University of Been There - Done That - Several Times - LOL -

Or as my friend - Julie - would say -

Been There - Done That - Got the Merit Badge - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Gene Black said...

I loved what one teacher I watched online said. "Fabric is fluid, it will stretch. You can make it work."
Ha ha... I have done that a few times.

Frog Quilter said...

These are turning out beautiful. Love the corner design wall!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love seeing it come together. Once it is quilted, it won't be a worry anymore.

Jeanna said...

So far, so good. I think you are going to be just fine. Can't wait to see it finished...or least the flimsy.

Barbara said...

Work, but worth it! I do that a lot — “make things work”. Hehe

Cindy Quilts said...

Very pretty!!

Katie said...

I'll readily admit the Dresden Plate quilt pattern is one of my least favorites and I've been watching your construction with trepidation at the ugly thing that might happen. Of course, I'm smart enough to keep my mouth shut if I think it ugly and was prepared to say generic nice things about it because that is how society works. But holy cats, that thing is looking pretty amazing! I mean, the block design that started it all still is not a favorite, but the bright colors and layout you've chosen are wonderful! I guess I'll save my kind, generic comments for someone else!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...