Thursday, July 30, 2020

Two more -


Baggies/bins of blocks were found -

For two more possible flimsys before the end of the month - ;))

The first one is Citrus Chips -


The second one is Mint Chip -


They both used the same jelly roll pattern - HERE -
Scroll down until you find -
TP #303 - "Chip Off The Old Block" -
The Teacher's Pet - (c)2007 - Deirdre K. Brown -

Each baggie has 40 blocks - 8-1/2" square - to finish at 8" -

If I do a 5 x 7 layout - 35 blocks - I'll have 5 extra blocks for the back -
Approximately - 40" x 56" - without borders -

If I do a 6 x 7 layout - 42 blocks - I'll be 2 blocks short -
Approximately - 48" x 56" - without borders -

Anyway -

I pulled out the Citrus Chips blocks -

And remembered the YUMMY colors -


But putting them up on the wall -

In a 6 x 7 layout -

I can see this is not going to be a "quick" one to put together -

There is a LOT of block arranging/moving around to do -


Now I remember why both batches of blocks -

Are still in baggies - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



10 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

Beautiful fabrics! It will be a pretty one.

Gene Black said...

You already know I am crazy so I am going to ask this. Have you thought of mixing up the two sets?

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can't believe you have all these quilts in waiting! Oh, wait, I have about 4 myself. I am taking their bags on vacation and see if I can get them sewn together.

Frog Quilter said...

Oh wow. Love them both.

Rebecca said...

I think that "2 blocks short" is a great invitation to put in a flower or bird or sunbonnet sue or saying or.......?

Sherry said...

WOW! I love both of the variations of blocks. Can’t wait to see how you resolve the 2 blocks short dilemma..

Katie said...

I'm with Rebecca - add a fun couple of blocks in there. They don't have to be fancy and its scrappy enough you can probably get away with mixing in some stash!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the colors in this one.

Jeanna said...

I'm interested in Gene's suggestion. Love the colors in both separately, but together? Would make a nice big quilt.

Julie Fukuda said...

My baggies have little house pieces and are waiting for tomorrow when I have to take the train to the dentist. I wonder what will come home with me. It sure won't be as large as what you are making these days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...