Friday, July 24, 2020

Playtime -


With my Confetti - by Timeless Treasures - HERE -
aka TT-Confetti - quilt blocks - ;))

Yesterday I had a couple of layouts on my design wall -

Plan A -


Was scrapped in favor of -

Plan B -
Rows - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -


Then I wanted to move the bottom row to the top -
And scooch the rest of the rows down one step -
Putting a dark row at each end -
To balance it out a bit more -

But I decided to move Row #4 to the top instead -

Plan C -
Rows - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 -


Then I thought I could swap the original Row #1 and Row #4 -
To keep Row #3 in the middle -
It has the only black/white and red/white sets -

But I already had Row #4 at the top -
So I swapped the third and fourth rows in this version -

Plan D -
Rows - 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 - 5 -
Row 3 - blocks - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -


I liked that one -

But decided to swap the first and third blocks in the middle row -
And got -

Plan E -
Rows - 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 - 5 -
Row 3 - blocks - 3 - 2 - 1 - 4 -


Then -

One more swap -

Top row - the first two blocks with the last two blocks -

Plan F -


It's fun to play with them for a little while -

But it's MORE fun to sew them together -

So - before I do that -

Which one do you like best? -

Or should I swap something else? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I actually like plan "A" - the scrapped plan - best.
Of the others, I suppose I would pick "F"

Katie said...

I'm on the A or F train, too. Many of the others have an orange and gold right next to each other, which is jarring to my eye. But as I always say, it's your quilt - make it how you like it!

Cindy Quilts said...

I say A or F also!

Gail said...

Only f as there is balance. The lighter prints are flanked by darker prints in the top and bottom row. Not a or b as all the visual weight falls to the bottom with the 2 stacked dark rows. Not c, d, e as my eye can't move beyond the two orange blocks stacked on top of each other in the top right hand corner. JUST MY OPINION.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I still like B the best but F is OK too.

Jeanna said...

I vote F :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love E! Even if no one else does. Overall, just real nice.

another lefty said...

I'd swap out the block with the dominant red/very light background. It keeps snagging my eye. But maybe it doesn't do that in real life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...