Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Another flimsy -


My Dresden Plates is a flimsy!! - ;))

This one dates back to March 8, 2013 - HERE -

I'm sooooooooo glad that I strung it out over several years -

There's no way I would have been able to make it from start to finish -

All in a short period of time -

Without totally burning out on it -

It was too labor-intensive -

So it really needed to be a "long-term" project -

And the blocks shrinking thing was "much ado about nothing" -

Either that or I was on "automatic" when it came to "fudging" - LOL -

Anyway - here it is on the design wall -

Ta Dah!! -


And on the kitchen floor -
So you can compare the size to others that I have made -
It's roughly 54" x 72" -


And some close-ups -


I like the "pop" of the PURPLE batik -

That's the only color NOT in the background blocks -


I had to get "creative" in the pressing -

There's a whole lot of layers in there -

And quilting this puppy might be a challenge -

I'm going to have to stay away from all of those bulky seams - LOL - ;))


After I took the photos -

I looked around for my "next" project -

And found a cookie sheet/tray with some finished blocks -

That just need to be put up on the design wall -

I'll show you that tomorrow -

So maybe I can get another flimsy together this week -

Maybe - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love this- it came out just fine. I am glad you didn't take it apart - fudging worked great.

Some projects just need time - and the ability to be put to the side until you are ready for them again. It is always good when we realize that.

I am sure there are some tricks in your "toolbelt" to avoid those bulky seams.

Katie said...

Oohhh!!! Happy dance!!! It looks great. Are you going to quilt it yourself, or give that problem to someone else?! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you found...

Frog Quilter said...

So beautiful. Glad you got it to this completion.

Jeanna said...

Ok, I just squealed out loud :) I love it!!! It is so pretty and I'm sure you will quilt it just fine. Congratulations on another beauty.

Cindy Quilts said...

It is lovely! So glad it went together well. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Sue said...

It's fabulous! The purple is perfect Bulky seams are never fun.
Rushing through a quilt would just such all the joy out of making it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...