Thursday, July 16, 2020

The center circle -


On my Dresden Plates -

Was on my "to do" list today -

But first I had to choose a thread color -

For the machine applique -


The one of the left won -

It seemed to blend in the best -


So I stitched down the center circle and the four corner quarter circles -


Seems like only three out of the four corners came out nicely -

Like they do when I'm binding a quilt - LOL -

And I know that I could un-sew it and redo it now -

But I'm hoping the "oopsie" will get hidden in the seam allowance -

And if it doesn't - I can always fix it then -


I like the overall effect of the purple batik -

So I think I'll just keep on keepin' on - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

The purple looks nice. I don't think your oopsie will show once sewn together. Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Gene Black said...

I think you will be able to hide that oopsie in the seam allowance well enough. (Hint, glue it first.)

I really like the centers.

Frog Quilter said...

Love what you are doing. When do we see the big reveal?

Barbara said...

I also like the purple batik color.Gene’s hint is a good one!

Jeanna said...

Three out of four is still 'passing', just saying :) Love the purple centers.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

When the quilt is all finished you probably won't even be able to find the oopsie. I always told my students don't get hung up on one little tiny place you aren't happy with because you will have to look for hours for it when it is done.

Julie Fukuda said...

You are brave to do that by maching! I would have more than one oopsie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...