Sunday, July 19, 2020

The quarter circles -


On my Dresden Plates -

Are taking me longer than I expected - ;))


Each single block has two -

And I only got as far as getting the six -

In the bottom right corner done before dinner -


After dinner I started another section -

Doing three in a column at a time -

I put pins in the top LEFT corner of each block -

To keep the orientation straight -

And to let me know which of the three blocks I was stitching -


It's so easy to mix them up -

And I spent too much time getting them where I wanted them -

To get them messed up now - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Barbara said...

I so admire you stick-tuitiveness at accomplishing these difficult flimsies.It’s going to be wonderful, already is actually, don’t stop now.mBut stay cool while sewing.

Gene Black said...

I can see where sewing those circles on with blanket stitch would be a bit fiddly.
I like your way of using the pins to keep the blocks in order.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Slow, but good progress. Keeping the corners oriented correctly is important in the long run. I usually use painters tape because I have ripped my arm or wrist on pins from blocks on the design wall or in sewing. I wish I had a blanket stitch but that means a modern machine and I love sewing on my vintage Singers.

Katie said...

I've done that with pins, too! Just gotta make sure none fall out or you're stuck knowing which row is which. (You know how I know!) Just keep sewing...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...