Saturday, July 18, 2020

The center column -


On my Dresden Plates -

Had the "twosies" already sewn together -

So after I machine appliqued the half/quarter circles -

It was just a matter of sewing them together to make the center column -


And that's as far as I got today -

It's not lined up properly with the rest of the blocks -

But I can't reach that high -

And you get the idea - LOL -

I thought about trimming behind the applique to reduce the bulk -

But decided not to -

The extra layer of fabric seemed to stabilize the block -

Especially in the corners with the quarter circle applique -

And -

Even though it IS several layers deep in areas -

I thought that it really isn't that different -

Than if I had used my die -

And fused the "plates" to background squares -

Besides -

If any of the appliqued plates or fused/appliqued half/quarter circles -

Ever come loose or "un-stitched" -

There is another layer of fabric underneath -

So the batting is still "contained" -

And the quilting should help keep it all together -

I hope - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oh Yes! That full column being sewn shows just how pretty a top that is going to be.

I agree about leaving the fabric behind those. Especially since we know that the plates are a poly-cotton blend.

Jeanna said...

Oh I like the way this is looking. You are making good progress on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...