Friday, July 17, 2020

The twosies -


On my Dresden Plates -

Were next on my "to do" list -

So I started with the center two columns -

Which had the "twosies" already sewn together -

Decided which way the seam needed to be pressed -

Machine appliqued some half circles over the plates and the center seam -

And then some quarter circles in the corners -


Then I did the same to the "twosies" on each side of the center four-square -


So -

Tomorrow I can change the thread color from PURPLE back to a NEUTRAL -

Join the "twosie" blocks in the center column to the center four-square -

Join the "twosie" blocks to the left and to the right of the center four-square -

To start the left column and right columns -

Switch back to the PURPLE thread -

Machine applique quarter circles in the corners of all of the remaining blocks -

Sew the blocks together to form the left and right columns -

Then join the three columns together to make the flimsy -

Whew!! -

At least that's the plan - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Gene Black said...

It sounds like a reasonable plan and then pretty quickly you will have a quilt top.

Barbara said...

I agree with Gene, a reasonable plan, but I also predict a lot of sewing. You will get it done though, then we will benefit from a finished flimsy photo!

Jeanna said...

You go girl! This is going to be a beautiful dresden quilt.

Rebecca said...

Ok...I have been watching you put this together but I just now got the full impact of the neutral plate against the brighter background...
At first glance I was thinking why is she showing drunkards path and talking about a Dresden plate....
and then I got it and I gotta tell you I love it....

Sue said...

It's going to be a stunner. The purple will be fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...