Thursday, July 23, 2020

Design Wall - Thursday -


The blocks that I found on the cookie sheet/tray -



Were from early April - 4/2/20 - HERE -

And were cut for the Confetti - by Timeless Treasures - HERE -
aka TT-Confetti -


I also made the obligatory "one of these is not like the others" -

And posted about it - HERE - LOL -

Today I put them up on the wall -

With all of the darker blocks at the bottom -

As a first look-see -


And then I swapped the first two in the top row -

With the first two in the second row -

And reversed them dark/light to follow the sequence in the rest of the row -


Now - looking at the photos -

I think that I could move the bottom row to the top -

And scooch the rest of the rows down one step -

Putting a dark row at each end -

To balance it out a bit more -

Or swap the top row and the fourth row -

To keep row three in the middle -

It has the only black/white and red/white sets -

And -

I could probably re-arrange them f.o.r.e.v.e.r. -

But I don't want to spend that much time on it -

Because there are only twenty blocks -

And they will never be that far away from something similar -

So either of those might be a quick fix -

What do you think? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Sue said...

April? It doesn't seem anywhere near that long since you had them out. Time flies!

Barbara said...

I like it as is, but I’d audition swapping the bottom row with the top row. So much thought always goes into your projects, and it shows! This looks great!

Gene Black said...

LOL.... I want to see "dark row, light row - repeat as needed."

Of these two, I like the second one best.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I certainly would like to play around with them. They are a lot of fun. Keep moving them, you are almost there.

Cindy Quilts said...

I agree with Barbara and also Gene. That probably isn't much help :) I'm sure whatever you do will look great.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the second layout best of the 2. It is pleasing to my eye. Like you say you could play forever but you could also just sew them together and get on the next quilt

Jeanna said...

I like Gene's idea of alternating dark and light rows, maybe starting with a dark.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...