Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A little bit of everything -


A little bit of sewing before dinner -

Just so I could say that I did - LOL - ;))

Actually it was a little "un-sewing" of the next strata -

For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Gleaned - top -
Gleaned - © Carolyn Friedlander - Robert Kaufman -



A little bit of cooking for dinner -

I spent way too much time watching YouTube videos -

Before I decided to make sushi for dinner -

After watching Gene play with his food - LOL - ;))

I should have watched the sushi-making video again -

Because it looks like a five-year old made it - LOL -

But it tasted good - so I don't really care what it looks like - ;))


I got the kit on Amazon -


And I especially like the sentiment -

"THE SECRET TO A
GOOD LIFE IS THE
SAME TO GOOD
SUSHI MAKING
JUST ROLL WITH IT"
bambooworx


A little more sewing after dinner -

I finished "un-sewing" the segments -
And put them on a cookie sheet - ready for the next step -


I have the "tubes" sewn for another couple of strata -

But I'll play with those another time -


I wanted to have something to post for today -

And didn't have a watercolor to show you -

But then - after I wrote up this post -

I did a little bit of watercolor -




Actually - I think the flowers that I did yesterday are better -

These look like I tried too hard -

Here they are - side by side - yesterday and today -


I like them both -

They are my first free-form "art" pieces -

After all these years -

I'm actually painting with watercolors -

With a little help from my friends - Barbara and Gene -

They are terrific cheerleaders and always encourage and inspire me -

That's what friends are for!! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Sue said...

Yum! Your sushi looks delicious. I like both paintings. Ripping sucks....even though it's all part of sewing. lol

Gene Black said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene Black said...

Your sushi doesn't look that bad. Keep trying and it will get better. (At least I tell myself that about my watercolor flowers. Ha ha)
What I noticed about the flowers, yours and mine, is that the centers are not as dark as the demo. I watched again and realized I used burnt sienna, not sepia like she said. Because there is no sepia in my little kit.I will have to search my loose tubes and see if I can find some sepia.

Barbara said...

Your painting doesn’t look like you tried too hard. Remember it’s a “free-form” technique, so anything goes. You may “like” one more than another, but It’s all good. Nothing is wrong or forced, it’s just water being water. They Look awesome next to each other! Thanks for the mention, but who is cheerleading who? You are miles ahead of me! 👍

Katie said...

The sushi looks delicious. Not something my hubby will EVER try, so I'll admire from here. (For now!) The flowers look great to me. Better than my non-existent attempts for sure! (Though you've got me tempted...if I could just stop joining quilt-alongs...) It seems like you're enjoying yourself and that is the important part.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...