Saturday, September 5, 2020

First six -


Blocks for my Upstairs/Downstairs - Gleaned - are sewn -
Gleaned - © Carolyn Friedlander - Robert Kaufman -


I sorted all of the cut segments on the cookie sheet into "same" sets -


Took one set - and set aside six -
One for the first column of each of the six blocks -
Sewed the rest of them into "tubes" -
Un-sewed each "tube" where it needed to be -

Then I sewed the first block together -


And all of his brothers -


Pressed them all nice and neat -

Then put them on the wall -


I dropped them down a couple of rows because I don't want the dominant GREEN going diagonally from the top left to the bottom right - something prettier will have that honor - LOL - ;))

Tomorrow I want to play with my next watercolor practice piece -

A birdhouse -


But it has several steps -

And will need to dry between each step -

So the blocks on the cookie sheet will be there -

When I need them - LOL - ;))

==

And now for a funny -

I found this Cher video last night -

The Shoop Shoop Song - It's In His Kiss -

And the first comment had me laughing out loud -

Misheard lyrics - Is it his morning breath? -

Correct lyrics - Is it his warm embrace? -

Now I will never hear that line correctly E.V.E.R. again -

And I bet you won't either - LOL - ;))





Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Sue said...

Blocks look good. Cute birdhouse. Looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Barbara said...

I didn’t know how I felt about these fabrics, but now seeing blocks on the wall, they are,lovely! Even Cher was once young, huh?,😂

Gene Black said...

I am with Barbara. I was uncertain about these fabrics together. But it looks like it will make a nice quilt.

Cher must be taking over "quarantine YouTube" I have been watching clips from her concerts off and on this past week. I have to say that she always made her show a spectacular event.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...