Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Playtime -


After watching a bunch of videos -

And not "un-sewing" a single stitch -

I played with my watercolor pencils again - ;))

I saw several videos where the artist did a swatch card of his/her colors -

So I thought I could/should work one up for my watercolor pencils -

I have the 6 from the "kit" -
Learn Watercolor Pencil Techniques Now! Kit -
Item #6021059 -


And the 24 from the Crayola pack -
Crayola 24 ct. Watercolor Pencils -
Item 12849709 -


So I took one of my watercolor half-pages -

And drew a grid - 6 across and 5 down -

The top row has the "kit" colors -

The rest are from the Crayola pack -


I colored in the boxes -

Trying to shade them from dark to light -

And filled in the name and number - if available -


Then I added water to half of the colored-in box -

To see what it would look like - before and after - adding water -

NOTE TO SELF -
next time color in the box from light (top) to dark (bottom) -
I had to turn it upside-down -
and add the water from the white space DOWN to the light -
then DOWN to the dark -
to not mess up the lighter section with the darker color -


It's pretty "primitive" and "low-tech" -

But I think it will serve its purpose -

And the "un-sewing" will be there tomorrow -

And probably the next day -

So there's no hurry on that - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I suppose I should confess that I have never painted a swatch card of any of my paints/crayons/pencils. I do sometimes test them on a scrap of paper before I add them to the actual artwork.

Barbara said...

A swatch card? I have never, but then I have never managed a painting with these pencils that I really like either. Lol. You are so talented with them, also so committed! Keep going...

Sue said...

Great way to have a record of the properties of each color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...