Sunday, September 20, 2020

First steps -

 

Are done for the potholders for my friend - ;))

The tops have been layered and sewn - 

And are ready for the binding - 

So that's on the agenda for tomorrow - 

After dinner I tried using a smaller Chinese brush - 

And added some detail to the flower that I painted yesterday - 

It doesn't look that much different really - 

But it was fun trying to hold the brush correctly - 

And to use just the tip of the brush - 

To draw a fine line here and there - 



I have a LOT to learn - 

And I found the neatest stuff to use for practice - 

It's called "magic cloth" - HERE

And it comes in a couple of sizes of "plain" - 

And the variation that I ordered -

Magic Cloth With Red Outlined Stroke Guides - HERE -  

I know I need to practice the basic strokes - 

And it looked like it would save me -

Using up all of my rice paper to do it - 

It only takes a brush and some water - 

So it won't even make a mess - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

The magic paper looks like a fun way to practice the brush strokes. Plus, it will save both ink and paper.

Barbara said...

Yo are so prolific, always creating! The busiest person I know. The cloth looks foolproof. You go, girl!

Barbara said...

PS...I love the Potholders!

Barb said...

Oh I just love your painting...wish I had that talent.

Sue said...

Magic paper sounds like the way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...