Thursday, September 24, 2020

New toys -

 

Came in the mail today - ;))

I opened the box to find these little goodies - 

And wondered why they didn't have any packing material around them - 

And why they hadn't rolled around in the box without it -

 
Then I realized that each of the items had been TAPED - 
 
To the inside of the box - 
 
With clear packing tape -

 
How clever!! -

I was TOTALLY impressed!! - ;))


So I unwrapped everything to check them out - 

And decided to play with the "Magic Cloth" -

That I got to practice some basic calligraphy strokes -

"Magic Cloth With Red Outlined Stroke Guides" - HERE -  

But it was rolled up - 
 
So I re-watched the video on "How to Iron the Magic Cloth" - HERE -  
 
 
But it really wasn't necessary - 
 
Because when I unrolled it - it was pretty flat -
 
But I already had the iron turned on - 
 
So I gave it a "once over lightly" - just because -
 

 
Then I got a little container of water - 
 
One of my Chinese brushes - 
 
And tried my hand at a couple of the strokes -

 
I didn't cover them completely - 
 
But it's OK - 
 
When they dry - 
 
I can try it again - 



And again -

And again - 

Until I can do it correctly - 

And who knows how long that will take - LOL - ;))

But it doesn't matter - 

It will be FUN - 

And I won't be wasting paper or ink - 

So that's a bonus - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

 

 

5 comments:

Sue said...

What a great tool! You'll have the hang of the brushes in no time.

Katie said...

I love that they saved packing material with tape! Perhaps there is a shortage, or maybe they're being more environmentally aware? And your magic practice mat has he curious. You keep finding new and interesting toys to play with! I just have another cat! (But he is a cutie and I'll never tire of cats, so all is well.)

Gene Black said...

I love that idea for learning strokes. We should have had something like that for learning to write. Imagine how much better some folks handwriting would be? (thinking "me" here)

I see that one of them has a directional arrow. Where there any written directions about forming the strokes?

Barbara said...

This must take diligence and feels like taking a class! Clever packaging!

Sharon Kwilter said...

What a great tool for learning strokes. I didn't know such a thing existed. Thanks for telling us about it. I have a friend that might need one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...