Monday, September 7, 2020

Birdhouse -


Is done -

Ta Dah!! -


It's not wonderful -

But I have to remember that I'm learning -

And I have to give myself time to LEARN - LOL - ;))

I have learned that watercolor does what it wants to do -

And goes where it wants to go -

And I have to roll with it - LOL - ;))

I also learned that I can't multi-task very well -

I can't make blocks -

When the watercolors are on my ironing board -



But I can sew "tubes" -

So those are in the works -

While I played with some flowers -

The purple on the left is an example of what NOT to do -

The purple on the right isn't much better -

The purple on the bottom is the effect that I wanted -

But I had to use a different technique (than was listed) to get it -


I'm obviously not very good at the "palette technique" -

I guess I'm not fast enough -

By the time I get the color I want mixed -

My watercolor has dried up - or I've made a hole in the "palette" paper - LOL - ;))

Oh, well -

I still have more lessons in the booklet -

But I want to try some watercolor "paints", too -

So I may use the "paints" when I need a "palette" color -

And the watercolor pencils for the rest -

That might work - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

I am enjoying your watercolor journey. Looking forward to seeing the quilt put together, too.

Barbara said...

OMG! these are awesome! They are beautiful!!!! You have given me incentive to try again, but not without the instructional kit! I am so focused on what you’ve done that commenting on your quilt is taking a back seat. I will do that later. I am so impressed, these little watercolors should be framed as your first! You know that allowing the paint to go where it wants is what achieves that special watercolor look, right?! I have learned so much from your journey! Please send me info on where I can find the kit!!!

Gene Black said...

You are doing amazingly well. Watercolor is tricky and you are making it look easy. I am with Barbara; I think I need the kit or at least the book.

Sue said...

You're doing a great job. As adults, we are too hard on ourselves sometimes when we are learning something new. We both need to be patient (thinking crochet for me lol)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Watercolors are watercolors because you can't control everything. This is why some people prefer oils or acrylics. However, the happy things watercolor can do are not replicated anyway else. This is why I prefer to battle with watercolors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...