Monday, September 28, 2020

Design Wall Monday - 9/28/20 -

 

I finished "un-sewing" and re-sewing - 

The second set of ORANGE blocks - 

For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Gleaned - top -
Gleaned - © Carolyn Friedlander - Robert Kaufman - 

I think the ORANGE ones are my favorites -


So - 

With all of the blocks fixed - 

It was time to play with the layout on the design wall - 

This is the FUN part - 

I wasn't so sure about these guys - 

But I think they play VERY nicely together - 

What do you think? -

 
Again - there will be one more row on the right -
 
And two more rows at the bottom - 
 
My wall only holds 5 x 6 - 10" blocks - 
 
But the whole thing will be 6 x 8 -  for a 60" x 80" top - 
 
When I get it "webbed" -
 
Which is next on the agenda -
 

 
Then - my next project will be "borrowed" from a friend - 

My friend, Gene Black, posted a new layout for his HST - HERE -
 
I liked it - A LOT - 
 
So I printed out a copy - 
 
And checked my stash - 
 
I don't think I have strips in his colors - 
 
And the larger HST and setting triangles can't be cut from 2-1/2" strips -
 
So I needed some yardage, too - 
 
 
 
 
I found a flat pack of batik strips - 
And a coordinating pack of 6" strips - 
Timeless Treasures - Tonga Treats - Citrus - 
Which I think is no longer available - sorry - 

The turquoise is yardage from my stash - 


 
I think the colors are pretty - 
 
And it will be a little bit scrappy - 
 
Which is not exactly what he had in mind - 
 
But it might be interesting - 


And he used "thangles" to make his HST - 
 
But I want to use my LEFT-EZE™ Rule
 
Cutting HST and QST from pre-cut strips -
 
With NO WASTE!! - 
 
Is the only way to go - LOL - 

Should be fun - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


4 comments:

Gene Black said...

The latest Upstairs/Downstairs top is looking really good. I do like it even though I would never have chosen those fabrics.

I am excited to see your version of the HST Quilt. I think it will be fun in a scrappy style.

Barbara said...

Although I’m not usually a fan of orange, I think they go well together! It’s really lovely!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I follow Carolyn and have one of her applique designs, however, I'm on the fence about some of the fabrics...however, these oranges together are beautiful(and like Barbara, I'm not a big orange fan). You've helped me see her work in a new light.
That HST design looks awesome. Scrappy always turns out well!
Happy Stitching!

Sue said...

The layout for Upstairs/Downstairs looks fabulous. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Gene's pattern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...