Saturday, September 19, 2020

Plan B -

 

It will be interesting to see if this posts like it should again today -

Well - the photos loaded in the correct order - 

So that's good - ;))

===

I played with a sewing project today for my friend -

Plan A - 

Was to sew some upholstery samples together to make a table runner - 

But that didn't work - 

The rubber-like backing didn't want to play nicely - 

So - Plan B - 

Was to "un-sew" them and make potholders instead - 

The "un-sewing" part went well - 

Then I cut some backings - 

Some fillers - 

And got some partially made - 


 

With piles for the rest of them - 

Ready for tomorrow - 


 

After dinner I played with my watercolors again - 

I had to see what that big Chinese brush could do -

 

So I opened up some of the paint tubes - 

And played - 

I tried to duplicate the "Easy Flower" - 

Because I knew how to do that one - LOL - 

But - instead of regular watercolor paper - 

I used some rice paper with a felt underlay -

Like I saw on a video - 


But I used too little color - 

And way too much water - 

So the colors blended and ran - 

Then my "Easy Flower" began to look like a hibiscus to me  - 

So I added the stamen - 

And tried to make some leaves at the bottom - 

I know those aren't "real" hibiscus leaves - 

But I was trying to hold the brush correctly - 

And trying to do a variety of "strokes" - 

So - all in all - 

Not too bad for a first try - just goofing off - 

Now I want/need to do the lessons in the book -

And practice the basic strokes -

Repeatedly - LOL - ;))

 

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Although I thought I had a Chinese brush, I never found it. So I tried doing those strokes with a nice watercolor brush. Holding it that way is hard!
I love seeing your explorations in paint.

Sue said...

All this lot is going to keep you out of trouble! 😉

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...