Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Watercolors -


Are additive!! - LOL - ;))

After I got the watercolor pencils and kit -

I got a little set of 12 paints and a set of brushes -

But hadn't unwrapped them yet -

Here is the paint box next to an index card -

So when they said - pocket-size - they weren't kidding - LOL - ;))


The font on the packaging is so tiny -

That I need a magnifying glass to read the name of the color -


But it does have a variety of pretty colors -


Last night I got caught up in watching YouTube videos on watercolor -

And went to bed way past my bedtime -

When I found this one on easy flowers - HERE -

I knew had to try it -

I liked how she just went with it -

And patchy works for me!!!!!!!!!! - LOL - ;))

So today I set my watercolor pencils aside for a while -

Unwrapped my paints -

And went for it - ;))




It's not really "finished" -

Since I don't have any "gold" paint for the little "accent" dots -

And the stems don't go the same way hers do -

But it is what it is - LOL - ;))

When I got to the "white dot" part -

I didn't have the "white ink" that she used either -

But I did have a pen of "white-out" -

And it worked just fine - LOL - ;))


And isn't this the cutest little ceramic palette? -

It's in the shape of a rose -

I just love it!! - ;))


Tomorrow I want/need to make some more quilt blocks -

While I ponder my next watercolor project -

I never thought in a million years that I would ever DO watercolors -

But I'm having FUN -

And not making too much of a mess - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Barbara said...

My husband gave me a set of watercolor paints in tubes almost 50 years ago. I did one small painting by copying the image from a greeting card. I wasn’t too thrilled with the result, and I don’t remember using those paints again. But I still have them, so I may get out the little plastic palette and see if any of the paints are still able to be used. I adore your easy flowers, although I don’t think they would be easy for me. 😏 You are leaving me in the dust (!), but your beautiful work is giving me encouragement!!

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful flowers. I see a new addiction evolving lol.

Gene Black said...

I am going to have to try those "easy" flowers. Yours are different, because YOU are different. And different is good for art. I really like the more intense colors in your flowers.
Hmm... I don't have white ink either - or maybe I do, I will have to look. I know I have white acrylic paint.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I’m like you-a quilter who tried watercolor this year. I never thought I could or would enjoy it. I love it. It’s so relaxing after watching tutorials by CEECEE CREATIONS or Shayda Campbell. Easy and pretty. I’m glad to see you have found this as well. Enjoy! I love the white, gold, silver gel pens I use from Michaels . Those same color paints are hard to find. I finally got some on Amazon but still like the pens.
Love your palette.
Mary

Katie M. said...

been quite awhile since I stopped by and what do I see? Water colors :-) Love your flowers and it's always good to expand our creativity.

Sue said...

The depth of color on your flowers make them uniquely yours and lovely. Using a white out pen was a great idea. That palette is cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...