Tuesday, September 1, 2020

More watercolor play -


This time with combining colors - ;))

We quilters already know that blue/red make purple -

Yellow/red make orange -

And yellow/blue make green -

But it was fun trying to blend the watercolor pencil colors on this paper -

Obviously I need to practice this bit a little more -

Too much water - too little water - like Goldilocks - it has to be "just right" -

Another LEFT-Handed thing you might have noticed -

My "swatches" go diagonally from the top LEFT to the bottom RIGHT -

Right-Handed diagrams go from top RIGHT to the bottom LEFT -

So - to me they are backwards - I just ignore them and do it MY way - LOL - ;))


I don't want to give away all of the lessons in the booklet -

That's not fair to the artist/author -

So rather than show you my practice pieces -

I'll show you the next two sets of strata that I sewed -


After I practice some more of the techniques -

I'll share some more watercolors -

I'm still having fun with it -

I don't know enough about it yet -

To know if it's hard or not - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hmmm...I’m right handed and want everything to go from top left to bottom right. Does that make sense? Unrelated, I see neat stuff in all your watercolor swatches. Certainly better than I achieved playing with my watercolor pencils!

Gene Black said...

I am with Barbara... I think we do top left to bottom right because that is how we read.

I don't see an issue with showing your practice pieces as long as you don't explain "how to."

Linda Swanekamp said...

Really like those stratas, colors look refreshing. I used to teach watercolor pencils when I was an art teacher. One of my hints was the power of three- three pencils- light, medium, dark of one color to fill an area, pay attention to where you want the light coming from, and add a shading line of your darkest color or a very thin indigo blue. If you add too much water, you get mud. Just my two cents.

Sue said...

Nice job at combining colors. You're not giving anything away showing your practice pieces.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...