Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Back to sewing -


Finally -

Now that some of that "business" stuff is done - ;))

I took a look at this one -

And decided that I wanted/needed 3 more HST and 2 more Flying Geese -
Reverse images - to fill in the blanks -


Cut them out - with my nifty little ruler -
Sewed them together - and put them where I wanted them -
Then sewed it together like a 9-patch -


Mixing everything up between the ironing board and the sewing machine -
And back again - LOL -
But it's fine just the way it is - ;))

Now that that's done -
I can add it to the pile that needs backings made -


And play with the borders on the RED Squirrel - ;))


If I remember correctly -

The instructions said to "tear" the insert strip and to "cut" the borders -

I'll have to re-check that -

Because "tearing" the insert strip seemed to work VERY well -

And I think I could do the same thing to the borders - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

I find it interesting that it said to tear the insert strip. Most patterns say to cut everything.
That said, I don't see why you couldn't tear the borders. Although I have seen torn fabric strips that were not the same width on each end - even though fabric typically tears on grain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...