Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Slight detour -


To do a favor for a friend -

She needed some pants hemmed -

And I was happy to oblige -

Three down - three more to go - ;))


She is such a jewel - I say "I need a favor..." - and she doesn't even let me finish my sentence before she says - "I'll do it!" - How do you thank someone like that? -

She doesn't sew - so when she asked if I could hem some work pants for her -
of course, I said - "Yes!" - Sewing is kinda what I do - LOL - and "hems" are like "binding" to me - fold it - baste it - sew it - rinse and repeat -

My only fear is when I cut them - I worry that I'll measure wrong and come up short - so I always double check - just in case -

Which reminds me of a joke -

"I cut it twice - and it's still short!" -

I know - I can hear you all groaning from here - LOL - ;))

So - after hemming the third pair - I took a break -

And cut another set of strips for the Interweave Quilt -


But I'm going to wait to play with that -

And the scraps that I got from Frog Quilter -

And my "other box" of goodies -

Until I finish the rest of the hemming -

So stay tuned - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Karen M said...

You're a good friend, Kitty. She is lucky to live close to you.
Best,
Karen

Gene Black said...

The only person I will do any alterations for is my Mom. And to be honest that is so I don't have to take her shopping for clothes.

Jeanna said...

That is a very nice thing to do for your friend. I don't even hem my own pants / shorts. Sad, eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...