Sunday, August 26, 2018

Changed my mind -


By the time I read yesterday's comments -

I had already changed my mind - ;))

I didn't think the Quarter Log Cabin pattern was right for these strips -

It looked like the GREEN was TOO strong and would detract from the rest of them -

So I "un-sewed" the sets and took the GREEN strips out -

And put them back with the rest of my jelly rolls - for later - ;))

I decided to make another Interweave Quilt - the short version - instead -
Using the two jelly rolls that I originally chose - thinking it might look a lot better -

And I'll save the green for a GREEN Quarter Log Cabin or something - LOL - ;))

So - I "re-paired" the strips -


And decided to cut and sew them two sets at a time -


I'm not sure if this one was printed off-grain or simply cut crookedly -


It's even more obvious from the wrong side of the fabric strip - UGH!! -

And it is REALLY annoying considering how much these dang strips cost -
You'd think they could BE straight - even if they were on sale -
Sorry - BOB said that - LOL - ;))


Anyway - today I got eight (8) rows sewn together -

And they're in no particular order -

But I think it's already looking better without the GREEN - LOL - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, it is less green now. It will be interesting to watch it go together. I was the recipient of a couple of jelly rolls that were very strangely cut. Good thing I can use scraps by measuring and marking.

Gene Black said...

I do think this version looks better. Those green strips might have been "a bit much."

I have had strips that were cut badly also. That is why I mostly buy yardage now...but if I win strips, I will take them and use them!

Frog Quilter said...

It's looking very nice.

Jeanna said...

Wow, taking out the green really did make a big difference. These fabrics look nice together. It will be another nice donation.

Katie said...

Much better, in my humble opinion. I like green just fine, but sometimes... As for the precuts...well...I'm with Gene!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...