Friday, August 24, 2018

Mix & match -


Can be fun sometimes if I don't have a set plan - ;))

For my next project -

I thought that I would make another Quarter Log Cabin Quilt -

Like the big blue/green one that I sent to Frog Quilter - HERE -
Only this time - the shorter "Lap" version - 64" x 64" -

It's a FREE Pattern - from Jelly Roll Fabric - dot - net - HERE -
When you sign up for her email - you get access to her FREE patterns - AND get email notifications of her daily specials/sales - which is where I got these jelly rolls ON SALE one day -

Benartex Urban Oasis - 10 fabrics - 20 strips -
and Cloud 9 Organic Fabrics - Typography - 20 strips -

Anyway - I decided to "mix and match" these two so they're not as matchey-matchey as they would be if they were both the same brand/fabric/roll -


But I need 57 total strips - so I found another roll of 20 GREEN - and it should work to help tie all of the colors together - I hope - ;))


I split them into piles of "main" and "contrast" - according to the pattern -


The pile of really dark ones on the left will be used for the last row on each block -

The rest of them were then paired up for the strip sets -


We'll see how far I get with this tomorrow after I do my chores - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Jeanna said...

From the looks of the last photo, the green is going to work well. Can't wait to see...

Gene Black said...

I agree with Jeanna, it does look like the green really works well with these strips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...