Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The "Crooked" Squares -


Turned out to be not that "crooked" after all -

After I ironed them into submission pressed them - LOL - ;))



I had several comments yesterday saying basically the same thing -

So my reply to everybody was basically the same thing - LOL -
You're right - fabric is VERY forgiving and will stretch if you need it to.

I didn't mean to imply that my blocks always come out the same size - they hardly ever do. After I make them - I don't usually check them against one another until I get ready to sew them together - and then a little bit of "give" this way or that way makes them fit - and I'm OK with that. A LOT of stuff gets hidden in the seam allowance - LOL.

Today is another day - and I'll take another look at those "crooked" ones to see if they are "close enough" to work. If they are - I'll use them "as-is" and save myself some fabric - ;))

So - after finishing up some more chores - I took another look -

And they ARE "close enough" to work -

And I'll use them "as-is" -

And save myself some fabric - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Since I work by hand and mark all the pieces with the same template, I have never checked the finished size of the blocks. If they are not exactly the same, I just make them fit. Glad your blocks all had their attitude adjusted. No one wants a rebellious squirrel.

Gene Black said...

Sometimes a sturdy "pressing" of fabric works wonders! LOL.

Jeanna said...

I knew you would find a way to make it work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...