Saturday, August 4, 2018

Odd bits -


All lined up -

Waiting for me to do something with them -


And then I realized that all of the triangles that you see above -

Are Half-Square Triangles (HST) -

And not Quarter-Square Triangles (QST) -

So I lined them up that way to remind me that I need to pair them up -
Either with each other - or cut some additional ones to match - ;))


How do I KNOW they're HST and not QST? -

Because HST have the "straight-of-grain" on the SHORT sides -
And if I pull a thread on a SHORT side - it ravels - "with the grain" -

With QST - the "straight-of-grain" is on the LONG side of the triangle -
And a SHORT side wouldn't ravel like that - ;))


So -

IF I didn't already know what size strip to use to make a matching HST -

How could I figure it out using my LEFT-EZE™ Rule? -


Measure the completed one -
And see which line it lines up with -

It lines up with the 2-1/2" line -
The one half-way between the 2" and 3" lines -

So - if I cut the HST bits into 2-1/2" HST -
Or cut some new ones from 2-1/2" pre-cut strips -
They will fit each other just fine -

Easy peasy - ;))


If I have more energy and feel better tomorrow -
I'll play with these some more -
After my trip to the dentist today - I am minus a tooth and a bunch of $$$ -
And am the proud (?) new owner of a root canal and a temporary crown -
With the permanent crown planned in another two weeks - ;))

The antibiotics and pain meds are making me a bit loopy -
So I may do some mindless sewing tomorrow instead -

Frog Quilter did a recent post on her MAM - Mile-A-Minute quilt blocks - HERE -

And I left her a comment -
MAM - hmmmm - faster version of my "crumb" blocks - SQUIRREL!! - LOL - ;))

Like I need more Squirrels -

But then again -

Different Squirrels for different energy levels -

Works for me - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Funny you should so a post on triangles. I have been culling all triangles from my scrap piles. Do you want these? It would give you lots of play time...

Ooh on the tooth. Rest and recover. I have been through all that a few times. I am stable for the moment as far as dental work goes.

Hugs

Gene Black said...

That is a great use of the ruler. I have some triangles that I could make "mates" for that way.

I hope you heal quickly and get the permanent crown in place on schedule.

Jeanna said...

I've been distracted with my husband's recovery from shoulder replacement surgery and a bit behind on my blog reading. I hope you are feeling much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...