Sunday, August 12, 2018

Good news -


The missing packages are no longer missing!! - ;))

One my neighbors brought BOTH packages to me this afternoon. The key to the parcel locker was put in his mailbox by mistake - so all is well. My guess is that the regular mail lady is on vacation and her "sub" changed his/her mind - initially thinking that the packages wouldn't fit in the parcel locker and he/she would have to deliver them to my Front Door/Porch- so signed off that way. Then he/she realized that they WOULD fit - so he/she put them in there to save him/herself a trip to my house. But I have NO idea why he/she put the key to the parcel locker in my neighbor's mailbox and not mine. At this point - I don't really care - I got my packages!! - ;))

So - what was IN those packages that I wanted so desperately?!?!? -

One was a box of fabric that I ordered - I'll share that later -

The second package was some squishy mail from Frog Quilter -

She sent me some scraps!! - THANKS!! - I LOVE scraps!! -

I'm going to have a ton of fun sorting through these - ;))


By the way - did you see what she did with my Batik Squirrel's Sister? -

She did an AWESOME job quilting it - check it out - HERE - ;))

While I was sitting around stewing about my missing packages -

I played with some more strip sets -

And got another two on the wall -


I found that it really helped if I decided which fabric I wanted on "top" and sewed "twosies" - clipped them off the back end - sewed "foursies" - clipped those off the back end - and kept going - always with the same fabric on top - so I didn't accidentally sew two of the same color together - ;))

Then there was one set that I wanted to make sure that I kept "in order" to show off the wonderful shading from one color to the next -


So I numbered the patches as I cut them -

The "bean counter's" way of keeping the sequence the way I wanted it - LOL - ;))


Another thing I paid attention to was the "orientation" of the squares that I cut from the 5" squares - I tried to keep them going the same "direction" as the squares that I cut from the strips - and I lined up the pairs so that I could sew down the right side of each set -



And then there were eight - ;))


They're in no particular order -

Just pinned to the wall as I get them done -

The fun part will be arranging them and adding the borders -

But I still have a few more to sew before I'm ready to do that - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Those strips look like they will be fun to arrange. I see those scraps and think - I should send some of my scraps "off to see the world." LOL.
FrogQuilter did a great job with the Sister quilt.

But somehow you forgot to tell us about that other box of fabric - you are such a tease.

Jeanna said...

Yay! I'm happy your packages arrived. Now...what could be in the 'other' box?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...