Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Closer -


But still not quite done - ;))

I forgot that I had chores to do -

And that didn't leave me much time to sew -

So it still needs borders -


I LOVE these colors!! -




But the more I look at it - the more I think it's too long. I should have stayed with the pattern size - 48" x 56" - but I wanted it a bit larger. So far - this is 40" x 72" (plus seam allowances) - and I'll have to add several border rows to the sides to make it the "planned" 60" x 72" - unless I shorten it -

I could take off 6-1/2" from both the top and the bottom -

Or I could do a 1/3 - 2/3 split -

And take 8-1/2" off the top and 4-1/2" off the bottom -

Leaving the longer "ends" at the bottom -

Either way would get me closer to 60" in length - which is a better/shorter size -

And then I could add the extra to the sides - to get that up to 52" wide -

52" x 60" sounds like a better size to me -

So that might work - ;))

What do you think? -

Go with the "original plan" - 60" x 72"? -

Or shorten it - to 52" x 60"? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

As for the size, determine the purpose of this quilt.

I love how it's looking. The colors are soothing.

Gene Black said...

I would think it depends on what you have to use as borders. I am all for leaving it long and adding to the sides. But if you take the 6 1/2 off each end you could use those pieces with the borders on the sides.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Leave it long. It will cover feet then. Add borders or make more long strips at the edges.

Jeanna said...

I like a longer throw so I'd just add to the sides. Aren't you happy you asked us...LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...