Monday, March 27, 2023

Fiddling -

 
 
Today I fiddled with more doodling - 
 
For my Happy Trails -  
 
But I didn't get anywhere - 
 
 
Then I put a "sheet protector" on the quilt top-
And doodled on that - 
Thinking that the quilting on the WHITE areas would be most noticeable - 
 
But I still didn't get anywhere -
 
This "e - e - l - l - l - e - e " design is easy enough - 
But constantly changing direction might get confusing - 
And getting the spacing right will be challenging - 
 
So maybe a "flower" would work better -
Or "claws" - or "swirls" - or "paisleys" - or whatever - 
 
 
I know there is "something" that will be "perfect" - 
 
I just don't know what that "something" is yet -  

It's one of those "I'll know it when I see it" things - 

So I have to keep looking - 

And I have a bunch of books to look through for inspiration -

Anyway - 
 
After a while -
 
I got tired of fiddling with that - 
 
So I decided to change "mode" - 
 
And pulled out another jelly roll -
 
For a new project - 
 
This might make a good Bargello
 
Or a Trip Around the World -
 
I have two rolls of 40 (2 each of 20 different fabrics) - 
 
And the rolls are already "shaded" for me - 

 
Or I could get back to this one - 
 
An Interweave

 
Or I could get back to playing with the Hearts -
 
For my Memory Quilt


Or I could "fix" the quilting on my Imperial Bargello
 
Because I really don't like the YELLOW on the BLACK/GRAY backing - 


That's one advantage of having several different things - 
 
Going on at once - 

If one isn't "working" for me -

Maybe something else will - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do like that loopy design in the white square. But, yes, I think changing direction could be an issue for me also. Is there a way you could try it that would be easy to remove if it didn't work? (do you have water soluble thread?)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love to have projects that I can jump to so I don't get all fixated on solving one. Of course, most people think I am crazy, but I do finish them- eventually. Something more angular might be a good fit.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maybe this one would just be better with all over meandering or loop-de-loop.

Katie said...

Oh man! So many things going on at once... Looks familiar... Choosing a quilt motif is always the hardest for me, so I'm not going to be any help there. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...