Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Testing -

 
 
The tension was on the agenda today - 
 
So I made a "practice" sandwich -
With two layers of white fabric -
And a scrap of my 80/20 batting - 

Wound a GREEN bobbin - 
 
And put WHITE thread in the top - 
 
Then stitched a bit - 
 
 
No GREEN thread showing on the top -
That's good - 
 
But with the WHITE fabric on the bottom - 
I can't really tell if I have WHITE "pokies" or not - 

 
So I made another adjustment - 
Just for fun - 
 
And still no GREEN on top - 
So that's good - 

 
And I still can't tell if I have WHITE "pokies" or not - 

 
I think I'm on the right track -
 
But the true test will be - 
 
What it looks like on the "real thing" - 
 
So tomorrow I'll baste the zippers on the backing - 
 
Load my Happy Trails
 
And see - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I had one friend who used a mirror to see what was happening on the bottom of her quilts. I don't know if that would help you or not.

Jeanna said...

I can see how finding pokies on the bottom would be a challenge. The photos look good though...I can't see any white.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Don't forget, when you wash it, the threads will further bury in the quilt sandwich, so don't drive yourself crazy. Looking good.

Katie said...

When I blow up the photos, both have white pokies on the back. In the second one, they're just in the u-shape on the far right bottom, but generally better. But not terrible in either, so you're getting there! Good luck with the real deal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...