Sunday, March 19, 2023

Planning -

 
 
How to "label" my Hearts
 
And how to applique them - 
 
To what size block - 
 
And what to play with next - 
 
Took up most of a lazy day - 
 
I think I want to quilt this one next - 
 
Happy Trails
 

It's only about 32" x 40" - 

So it probably won't take me that long - 

And it will be one more off the "to do" list - 

I found a pretty GREEN for the backing - 
 
 
But now the question is what color of thread to use? - 
 
If I use WHITE - it will look good on the top and show on the back - 
 
If I use GREEN - it will show on the front and blend in on the back -
 
If I use a VARIEGATED GREEN - it will fade in and out on both - 
 
Or I COULD use all three -
 
The GREEN in the bobbin - 
 
And the other two on the top - 
 
Decisions - decisions - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

As long as your tension is really good you can use the white on top and green in the bobbin.
Using two different color threads will show up tension issues quickly. (of course it sometimes show it on the back!)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I match my threads to the fabric both top and bottom. They are rarely ever the same color. If you go one shade lighter than the green fabric it will pretty much hide (and be less likely to show on top as pokies). My longarm tension has been great most of the time. The Jamie Wallen video on setting bobbin tension really helped me.

Jeanna said...

Happy Trails is such a pretty quilt. I know NOTHING about quilting but I think I would like to match the thread to the fabric.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...