Thursday, March 2, 2023

Moving along -

 
 
Before I went back to quilting my RED Squirrel
 
I played with the Bee Happy panel a little - 
 
It has "hanging triangles" - HERE

And I wanted to add a little "slack" - 
 
Before I stitched them down - 
 
But wasn't sure "how much" to add - 
 
So I grabbed a curtain rod for an "insert" - 
 
And then pinned the triangles down for stitching later -
 
Now the panel should hang nicely without a "bulge" at the top for the rod - 
 
 
After I finished that - 
 
I went back to quilting my RED Squirrel

 
And thought that I was DONE - 

But when I took off the front clamps - 
 
Something was WRONG -
 
The excess batting wasn't hanging down in front like it should - 
 
Oh, crap! - 
 
I hoped I hadn't done what I thought I had - 
 

So I looked underneath - 
 
And - sure enough - 
 
I had stitched the excess batting to the back - 
 
And not just the LAST line of quilting - 
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - 
 
I caught the excess batting in the last TWO lines of quilting - 
 
So guess what I will be "un-sewing" tomorrow - 
 
 
I don't know about any of you - 
 
But I feel like I've made about every mistake on this machine - 
 
That there is to make -
 
And I still LOVE it - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do like that method of adding the hanging "sleeve" for a quilt. I don't think I had seen that before.

I think most of us that quilt on a domestic have made that mistake with extra batting (or backing in my case.)

Cindy Quilts said...

Oh, no! That sounds like something I would do. :) At least it is only two rows, could have been worse.

Katie said...

Could you trim the batting really close to the stitching and wiggle it out? Might be faster to rip the stitches, just just a thought. But yep, been there, done that. Would not recommended!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I usually cut the batting close to the size of the backing and maybe you will be doing that now too. It's all a live and learn, trial and error thing.

Jeanna said...

Oops, I'm so sorry about the excess batting. Hopefully, it was a quick fix.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...