Thursday, March 30, 2023

More doodling -

 
 
And playing with some designs - 

For my Happy Trails

I found one I like for the light sections - 

 
But I didn't know what to do in the darker areas - 
 
Unless I did the same thing in both - 
 
 
Then I realized that my "workspace" - 
 
Might not allow me to quilt one "snail" at a time anyway - 
 
So I would probably be better off - 
 
Finding a pattern that is "doable" block by block - 
 
And I fell back on the basic "orange peel" - 
 
With some loops in the middles - 
 
 
It's simple -
 
And the 4-patches and big squares are in a continuous line - 
 
But I'll have to play with the connecting parts - 
 
I don't want to get myself in a spot - 
 
Where I have to "travel" along a seam line - 
 
To get to where I need to be -
 
Unless necessary -
 
And now - 
 
Looking at the top photo - 
 
I might be able to get that to work - 
 
Block by block - 
 
If I play with it a little - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Interesting. I don't generally quilt by the block of the design unless it is obvious to me that it will be easy. I can see that on a long arm with "limited" space that might be more difficult to do with a large design like this.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are getting closer and know what to look out for.

Jeanna said...

I like the block by block idea. Sorry, we've been on the road so I'm just now getting caught up on your blog. Nice colors in the strata, by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...