Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Trimmed -

 
 
Today I took advantage -
 
Of the kitchen island being cleared off - 
 
And trimmed my Imperial Bargello
 
 
I still have to trim the trimmings - 
 
And cut the binding strips - 
 
But that will get done in time -

 
I also watched some "troubleshooting tension" videos -
 
And think that switching to a WHITE backing - 
 
Would be the easy way out -
 
 
I should bite the bullet - 
 
Use the GREEN backing that I already chose - 
 
And at least try to get the tension to work - 
 
With GREEN thread in the bobbin - 
 
And WHITE thread on the top -
 
So that I'm more comfortable using different colored threads - 
 
On the top and in the bobbin - 
 
So that's on the agenda for tomorrow - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, you should definitely learn to adjust the tension. It will make the quilting better overall.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I use different colors top and bottom and usually thinner thread in the bobbin. I use a Towa gauge for the bobbin case tension and the tension knob for the top thread. Almost always I can get it to work.

Jeanna said...

I have no doubt you will conquer any tension issues and have a beautiful quilt in the end.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...