Wednesday, March 1, 2023

First pass -

 
 
On my RED Squirrel
 
 
I decided against doing anything curvy in the "flowers"- 
 
You wouldn't be able to see the stitching anyway - 
 
So I did some wavy lines from "side to side" - 
 

It's loaded sideways -
 
So they will actually be from "top to bottom" - 
 
And the RED thread blends in nicely - 

 

 
A second pass got me to some of the skinnier strips in the middle - 
 
And a photo from "top to bottom" looks pretty good to me - 


I'm not sure yet of my "spacing" in the really skinny strips - 
 
I might have to "skip" some - 
 
But we'll see -
 
Then - after dinner - 
 
I finished sewing the binding to the front of Bee Happy - 
 
 
I used a YELLOW that I found in my stash - 
As close as I could get to the panel color - 
 
And a WHITE flange - 


It's a HAPPY little panel -
 
And it was technically finished by the end of the month - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think it will be a lovely quilt. I need to look back and see what you have for backing on this one. (Yes, I have forgotten - life has been "different" for the past couple of weeks. Ha ha. )

Katie said...

Lots of progress today! I like the quilting you've chosen, too. It looks great in the quilt and I'm excited to see the whole thing. But I've never been good at patience!

Jeanna said...

The quilting is looking good. I like how you went with skinny in the middle. Congrats on getting the binding on the yellow quilt...another one done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you jumped in and started the quilting. It is going to be great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...