Thursday, March 23, 2023

More testing -

 
 
After I loaded the backing - 
 
And basted down the batting - 
 
For my Happy Trails
 
 
I tested the tension on a scrap - 
 
At the top left corner - 
 
So that it was easy to unzip to check the back side - 

 
I fiddled a little - 
 
And liked the setting - 
 
That gave me the last vertical line on the right - 
 
No GREEN "pokies" from the bottom - 

 
And no WHITE "pokies" from the top - 

 
So tomorrow I'll baste down the top - 
 
And continue on - 
 
In case you're wondering why I loaded the batting off-center - 
 
There is a flaw in the backing fabric on the lower left side - 
I had already attached the zippers - 
And didn't want to redo them - 
So I scooted the whole thing over to the right-hand side to avoid the flaw - 
 
You'll laugh - 
 
With all of my attention lately on getting good "tension" - 
 
I forgot that I have to decide WHAT design I want to quilt - 
 
So I'll add that to my "to do" list tomorrow - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

You could do a big design in each four patch (flower, maybe) and then do orange peel on the rest. Of course that is from me looking at the photo on the computer. You may want more quilting than that on it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have these newsprint pads from the dollar store that I draw pencil ideas on. If it is a complicated quilt, I go back to the b&W photo in the plastic sleeve with marker routine. Then I get out the chalk to mark the quilt.

Jeanna said...

Looks like the tension is just right. Looking foward to seeing which design you select for the quilting. Have fun!

Katie said...

Tension looks good - hooray! And I often offset my quilts to increase the size of leftover backing - I'm more likely to be able to use one 12" wide strip than two 6" strips and the quilt police haven't shown up yet...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...