Thursday, March 16, 2023

Some steps -

 
 
Are bigger than others - 
 
But as long as they are going forward - 
 
That's what counts - 
 
So I loaded the backing - 
 
For my Imperial Bargello
 
 
And I cut the batting - lengthwise - 
But left it full width - 96" - just in case - to be trimmed later -
And loaded that - 
 
Then I smoothed out the top - 
Which is 80" long - sideways - 

 
And was surprised at how close it is to the edge of the leader cloths - 
 
It's probably just my imagination - 
But my Upstairs/Downstairs tops are also 80" long - 
And they don't seem to cut it so close - 

 
Anyway - 
I basted the batting - 
And stitched the first line of quilting at the top - 
 
I didn't bother to trim off the selvages from the strips - 
I'll do that later since I didn't see any point in trimming the top twice -  

To line it up -
I paid more attention to the seam lines than I did the edge -

 
Then I dug out the baggie of scraps - 
 
So I can play with making the Scrap Card and Heart

 
The bottom left corner has trimmings 1/2" or less - 
So they will be perfect for the Scrap Card
 
The top left corner has larger ones - for the Heart

Moving right along - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Nice progress. My thought is that getting the quilt ready to quilt seems like half the job with a larger quilt.

Katie said...

Loading a quilt is a big job, so lots of progress today! Do you know what design you'll use to quilt it yet, or is that part of the process?

Jeanna said...

Those are a lot of steps! It is all worth it in the end, I imagine.

Linda Swanekamp said...

All set up for fun and games with the Imperial!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...