Monday, July 4, 2022

A little more sewing -

 
 
After I did the "ditch" quilting on my old UFO - 
 
I did a little more sewing on my Color Blast - HERE
 

I should probably mention that I tweaked the pattern a little - 

I decided to use the full width (9") of the 1/4 yard cuts - 
 
So I cut the A strip at 5-3/4" x the width of fabric - 
 
And the B pieces at 3-1/4" x 5-3/4" - 
 
After the A strips were sewn together - 
 
I sub-cut the units at 5-3/4" wide - 
 
I'm not sure what difference any of my changes will make - 
 
In the final top - 
 
But I was pretty sure - 
 
That I didn't want a bunch of  3/4" strips -
 
Left over when I cut the pieces -
 
According to the pattern - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, since it will all still fit together, it makes sense to use it all and make the quilt a bit bigger.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am glad you used your head when cutting the quilt out. You are very good at figuring out the math side of things.

Sue said...

Makes much more sense than a 3/4 inch scrap. I'm sure youare going to have dun making it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...