Friday, July 29, 2022

Backing done -

 
 
I fixed the messed up section - 
 
And sewed both sections together -  
 
For the backing for the panel on the wall - 
 
Then I put it up on the design wall - 

But I didn't put it up very high - 

Because it's hard to reach - 
 
 
But I folded back one corner - 
 
So you can see that it is more than long enough - 
 
To give me a backing that is "larger" than the top - 

 
I wanted to make a "test" backing - 

Only a little wider than the top - 

To see how well the side leader cloths will work - 

And with both a long horizontal seam - 

And a long vertical seam - 

To see if I want to avoid one or the other - 

When I make "future" backings - 
 
I think it will be a "non-issue" -
 
Because the frame is a "hoop" style and not a 3-rail system - 
 
But you never know -  

Now I need to piece together the batting -
 
While I wait impatiently for my new machine and frame - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I saw a tip for using fusible interfacing -cut into strips- to join batting pieces. I have done that a few times and it seems to work very well for me.
https://www.colorwaysbyvicki.com/blog/a-batting-scraps-tip#/

Katie said...

I'm lazy about piecing batting. I just butt it up, trim it to match, and quilt over it. My quilting is almost always dense enough that I don't worry. But I'm lazy. I do a lot of things the quilt police would probably not only arrest me for, but throw me in solitary confinement. (Really, though? Give me a book or twelve and some light and I'd not be too upset to be left alone!) But you will figure out what works for you and your setup. If you're like me, most often you'll figure it out by doing it wrong first. Just like yesterday when I knew I had to load my back the hard way (seam going round and round the rail instead of in line with it), but did j do it that way? No. I did it wrong because my stupid brain told me my figuring as I was trying to get to sleep the night before was wrong. (To be fair, late-night figurines aren't always right either, but sheesh!) Just know that for every thing you try wrong, there are a lot of us out there who have already done it that way!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I use Vicki's method to do frankenbatting and it works for me. I like the way the back looks.

Sue said...

How do you piece your batting? I use batting tape.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...