Sunday, July 24, 2022

Time out -

 
 
Or - I should say - Time OFF - 
 
From my major rearrangement - 
 
Was on the agenda for today - 
 
I planned to play with making the backing for the panel on the wall - 
 
That I want to use for my "test" piece when my machine/frame comes - 
 
 
I have a piece of fabric that matches the WHITE on RED border strip - 

 
But - it isn't big enough - 

 
So I found some RED fat quarters - 
 
Left over from another project - 
 
And a 1/4 yard cut of some BLUE - 
 
That I can use to make the backing larger - 

 
But I only got as far as pressing them - 
 
And I found another BLUE on WHITE stripe fat quarter - 
 
To add to the mix - 
 
But - as you can see - it's smaller than the RED ones - 


So - rather than mess with it today - 

I watched a bunch of videos on my new machine and frame - 

And I'll mess with the backing tomorrow - 

Unless I find more videos to watch - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, I have found that some FQs are bigger than others.
But you need to get that ready for the new machine when it shows up. I am sure you want to have it ready for the installer/technician to be able to show you how it works.

Katie said...

Looks like not so much fun on your "time off" but we've all been there. But might I suggest the first round with the new machine use some "junk" fabric? I used a solid white that wasn't of the best quality because it allowed me to see my stitches well (I didn't use white thread) and practice moving the machine around a while before I got the hang of it. I didn't do it as much as a lot of others folks I know, but it did give me a chance to figure out how to make rounder circles and how to pause at points and tweak tension and all that. It doesn't have to be big (I think my piece was maybe a yard or less), just something to get your feet wet before you go all in!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The first piece I quilted on my longarm was a baby panel. Then I changed to a solid color sandwich so I could see my stitches better. That can be cut up and used as both sides of potholders with a layer of Insulbrite inside.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...