Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A little sewing today -

 
 
But not much - 
 
I watched a whole lot of videos - 
 
And found one about using a "Frame Weight" - HERE

It sounded like a good idea - 

And something worth trying - 

When I get my new machine and frame - 

So I decided to make one - 

I found a piece of WHITE batik that I will probably never use - 

And got this - 
 
 
I didn't have a large mouth funnel - 
 
But a folded paper plate did the same job - LOL - 

 
One thing that I did differently than the video - 
 
Is that I used a couple of pins to "corral" the rice - 

 
It worked well for the first folded over seam - 


 
But it was a little tight on the next one - 
 
It's not my best work - 
 
But it will keep the rice from coming out - LOL - 

 
Tomorrow I want to tackle this pile of batting scraps - 
 

 
And sew together some of the same size - 
 
To make larger batting pieces for some practice panels - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Leah Day has some good ideas for quilting. It never occurred to me that the frame might move too easily.

Sue said...

Pfffftttt @ not your best work. It's a tool. It just needs to be functional.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...