Sunday, July 17, 2022

Making room -

 
 
For some new toys - 
 
Which are going to be my birthday - 
 
AND - 
 
Christmas presents to myself - 
 
For the next ten years - LOL - ;))

I guess I should explain -
 
It all started with an email - 
 
Announcing a sale on the new "Cutie Frame"  - HERE
 
And a "Babylock Jazz II" machine - HERE

The sale was for the combo - 

And I checked it out - 
 
But I didn't particularly have room for the frame -
 
Or even like it -

So - I went down the rabbit hole -
 
One thing leading to another - 
 
And I spent a week researching various other combos - 
 
I won't bore you with the details - 
 
But I finally settled on this new toy - HERE -

Scroll down to the "Work Sitting or Standing" part - 
 
Where she's sitting down - 
 
That's what sold me on this frame!!! -
 
And I'm getting a mid-arm machine - too - HERE
 
Because I want the "controls" on top of the machine - 
 
So I don't have to chase a foot pedal around - 
 
And I am SO excited - 
 
I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas -  

Because it won't be here for a couple of weeks - 

But that's OK - 

Since I need some time to make room for it - 
 
Because this is my setup now - 
 
And it needs to change - LOL -
 
This is the view from the doorway of my "studio" - 
 
Looking toward the dining room - 
 
Where my die cutter lives on the end of the dining room table - 

All nice and handy -
 
 
This is to the left of the dining room table - 
 
The part you NEVER see -
 
Because it's messy - 

 
Now - 
 
If I stand with my back to the dining room chair  -
 
You can see the doorway to my "studio" -  

With my cutting table - 
 
And a little bookcase tucked underneath the one end -

 
And my awesome bookcase - 
 
Loaded with SOME of my books - 
 
ALL of which I have read cover-to-cover SEVERAL times - 

 
On the wall to the left of the bookcase - 
 
Is my "office" - with my computer and printer - 
 
And cupboards full of office supplies - quilting supplies- and more books - 

 
Here's the view with my back to the "office" side of the room - 
 
Looking toward the window - 
 
You see this view of my "piecing" machine and ironing board - 
 
Sometimes when I'm webbing a top - 

 
And to the right of the window - 
 
You see the "angled" design wall - 
 
With my Free-Motion quilting machine setup below - 
 
You see this view sometimes - too - 

 
What you DON'T see - is this - 
 
Because it's messy - 
 
And you think I'm organized - LOL - 

 
Here - you can see the rest of the mess - 
 
And the view back to the dining room - 

 
Obviously - 
 
I have some rearranging to do - 
 
In order to make room for my new toys - 
 
And I have some ideas - 
 
So consider these the "before" photos - 
 
And I will share some "during" photos tomorrow - 
 
Or the next day - 
 
Since this might take me a while - LOL - 
 
In the meantime - 
 
Here's one of my favorite pictures - 
 
Of a cat and a mouse -


I think that picture has been in my "office" - 
 
For over thirty years - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Isn't it amazing that when you make one change, the whole set of dominoes fall? You certainly have your work cut out for you to get ready, but it probably will make everything better for working. Not for the faint of heart. Congratulations!

Gene Black said...

It will be great to see the setup when you have the frame and machine in place. And just maybe, you will start getting all of those tops quilted.

Barbara said...

OMG, Kitty! You are certainly facing a daunting task with rearranging your spaces. If you find the time and energy to snap a few pics along the way, we will all enjoy them. In the meantime, just to let you know I really enjoyed every detail, YOU HAVE MY CLOCK!!! 😄

Katie said...

Ah ha!!!!! I KNEW you had messes like the rest of us!!! I'm so excited for you to get the machine. Yep, lots of prep before it gets there, but you'll get it all done. You've got the greatest motivation there is. I'm just wondering how many "treasures" are hiding in your "mess" (that isn't really that messy)...

Cindy Quilts said...

So excited for you! Looking forward to seeing what you quilt.
I'm also glad to see that I am not the only one with areas that aren't completely organized.

Sue said...

It's not messy. You have a lot of ideas laying around.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good for you! You deserve an upgrade with all of the quilts you make..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...