Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Phase III -

 
 
Today I played "musical drawers" - 
 
I emptied some drawers in my back closet - 
 
And put those fabric packs in two boxes - 
 
 
Then I rearranged the stuff in the six drawers under the dining room table - 
And moved some of it to the empty drawers in the back closet - 
 
I labeled the three on the left with a Sharpie and some index cards - 
So I don't lose stuff - here's looking at you, Gene and Katie! - LOL - 

The three drawers on the right are empty right now - 
But tomorrow I plan to put the fabric packs from the back closet - 
In the two bottom drawers - 
 
Those fabric packs were to be used for backings - 
So it makes sense to move them up front - 
Now that I will need to make a bunch of backings -

 
I still have the stuff on the cutting board and dining room table to sort through - 
 
But tomorrow I'm going to tackle this other box - 
 
The one on the floor - in front - 

 
It has the baggies with the odds and ends from the tops that need to be quilted - 
That I use to make the Hearts and Scrap Cards - and binding - 
 
I have some small baskets to empty for recent projects - to add to the box -
 
But they should fit in the top drawer on the right -
Under the dining room table - 

 
And then - 
 
I should be down to the little stuff - 
And I have a bunch of photo boxes - 
That I can fill and put on that little bookcase/shelf unit -
That is under the end of the cutting table - 
 
So we'll see how that goes - 
 
Then I want/need to make a backing for the panel on the design wall - 
I found a piece of batting - 
But will need to piece a backing -
Since the piece I intended to use is a little too small - 
 
Baby steps - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, it is important to label those boxes, so you can find it again ----maybe. LOL

The video I watched mentioned that the backing has to be bigger, long enough to attach to the leader cloth and then add the batting and top. I think you need extra at the other end also, so you can keep the quilt taut while you quilt the final part.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly have a road map of where to go and what to accomplish! You have embarked on a great adventure.

Sue said...

You're doing a great job. It's really moving along. Labels will be very helpful.

Katie said...

Ohhh! Labels are a good idea. Apparently I would rather dig through the same bin three times, thinking that is where something was last seen. Thanks for reminding me there is another way. So I can continue to ignore it!! But this is getting more and more exciting. How many projects have you "found"?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...