Sunday, July 3, 2022

Some cutting -

 
 
And some sewing - 
 
For my Color Blast
 

 
The instructions say to work with 4 strips at a time - 
 
So I started with these two sets of 4 - 

 
And then I decided to make the backing for this oldie - 
 
And to finally layer it - 
 
It's been "fused" - 
 
So now I can add the pin moors to stabilize it a bit - 
 
Until I get the "ditch quilting" done - 

 
And - 
 
Just because - 
 
Here's the only shot I could get of Buja - 
 
She is faster at getting "out of range" - 
 
Than I am with taking a photo - 
 
Here - she actually sat still long enough for me to push the button - LOL - 
 
You can't see it very well in this photo - 
 
But she has a little white "heart" on her chin - so cute! - 


So tomorrow - I can continue on with Color Blast
 
And do some "ditch quilting" - 
 
If I'm in the mood - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Sue said...

The strips make me think of spring. The 2nd one is a blast from the past! I do like your version of it. I'm all for just because pics. She's so stinking cute!

Gene Black said...

It will be interesting to see how this pattern works out, in real life. If you make any changes to the pattern be sure and tell us.

Katie said...

The fabrics for the new quilt look better to me today than they did last time you showed them. Maybe different lighting, maybe my brain is just more creative this morning? The quilt you're basting is beautiful. I know the origin of the pattern, but I like your smaller version better. Less chaos. And Buja is adorable, of course. I have a few kitties here that are much older that also don't sit still long enough for non-blurry photos, so I've gotten good at "fixing" the blurriness in my brain! Has she learned to quilt yet?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful happy colors. I love the oldie project- it looks so snappy sharp. I can't resist kitten photos. Such a cutie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...