Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Some more sewing today -

 
 
Today I played with making the backing - 
 
For the panel on the wall - 
 
The RED/WHITE piece is about the same size as the panel - 
 
But it needs to be wider and longer - 
 
 
The fat quarters at the bottom should be enough to lengthen it -  

 And the BLUE piece at the left should be enough to widen it a little - 

 
I inserted the BLUE piece a little off-center - 
 
And it will be good practice in lining up the backing - 
 
Using the leader cloths - 
 
When I get my machine and frame - 

 
Tomorrow I'll play with adding the fat quarters on the bottom - 
 
Now that I know how wide it's going to be - 
 
I can insert a section of the WHITE/BLUE between the RED ones - 
 
To make it the same width - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I agree that lining up the backing will be great practice. I think the backing is going to look good.

Sue said...

That will be a nice looking back. The solid colors will make it easy to check the tension.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...