Sunday, July 10, 2022

Color Blast -

 
 
I played with the two middle panels - 
 
For my Color Blast
Free pattern from Benartex - HERE -  
 




And decided to reverse the order - 

So that the Horizontal stripes in the first panel  - 
 
Wouldn't be next to the Vertical stripes in the second panel - 

So - 

Now it's a top - 

Ta - Dah!! - ;))

And upside-down -




I like the pattern - A LOT - 

And especially like how the various fabrics play well together - 

Even though they didn't really look like they would - LOL -
 
A couple of notes - 
For next time - 
 
1 - To use the full width of the quarter-yard cut - 
Either cut the sections at 6" and 3" - 
Or cut them at 5-1/2" and 3-1/2" -
Cutting one at 5-1/4" and one at 3" - leaves a (silly to me) 3/4" strip scrap - 
 
2 - Add borders to the sides to adjust the proportions -
Due to the change in the size of the pieces - 

3 - One-way prints or stripes will be "straight up" in the larger sections - 
And will be "side-ways" in the narrower strips - or vice versa -
 
4 - When you plan the placement of your fabrics - 
Use some scraps to make a "cheat sheet" -  to "map it out" - 
Because it is REALLY easy to mix them up - 
Ask me how I know - LOL -
 
After I added all of the photos to this post - 
I realized that they were ALL upside down - 
And the last one - the one I had labeled - upside-down -
Was actually right-side up -
So I had to re-do the order - 
Because I'm not re-doing the photos - LOL -  ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

A nice bright and colorful quilt! Looks good.

Gene Black said...

It is bright and cheerful. And it came out lookingquite differently than the pattern.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, what a quick job and so much punch!

Sue said...

It looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing the tip. I'll definitely be using it in the future.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...