Monday, July 25, 2022

More time out -

 
 
I got ZERO sewing done today -
 
I watched more videos - 
 
And since some of my friends made VERY helpful comments yesterday - 
 
I dug out some muslin and a solid color - 
 
To make a "test" quilt sandwich - 
 

This is basically "junk" fabric - 

And I should be able to see my "practice" stitches better on it - 
 
Why waste a perfectly good panel? - 

I can save that panel - 

And other panels in my stash - 

For "later" - 
 
When I get better at making circles look like circles - 
 
And straight lines - straight - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, the solid with a contrasting thread will really let you see your stitches. Great suggestion. I did that a lot when I was learning FMQ on my domestic machine.

It has been so hot here that I have done very little at all. I am just trying to survive the heat wave.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have practiced on scrappy placemats and such to get a feel for quilting on pieced fabric. I can use the mats as utility ones and not worry about what they look like. I can't get motivated to just quilt on hunks of fabric.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...